2014年11月20日星期四

CSC165 SLOG Week9

What’s something new I learned this week?

  • More Big-Oh proofs
  • Tips for provifng :

          ➔ the ways we talked about of picking c and B, the main point of them is that we know how                      to show the bounding relation when picking in these ways.
          ➔ these are not the only ways, you can be more flexible when you are more familiar with 
               these types of proofs. 
          ➔ In general, larger c or larger B don’t hurt.
  • Between polynomials, it is fairly easy to figure out who is big-Oh of whom, simply look at the highest-degree term, f(n) is in O(g(n)) exactly when the high-degree of f(n) is no larger than that of g(n).
  • Prove big-Oh using limit techniques
          General procedure
               1. prove using “some calculus” : L’Hopital’s rule
               2. translate the limit into its definition with c and n’
               3. relate this definition to the definition of big-Oh



What’s something that frustrated and challenged me this week?


I think my assignment2 and test2 didn't go well. For assignment2, since I was not familiar with the LaTex, it took me a lot of time to move proofs from paper to the LaTex, and I barely missed the deadline time :(. And for test2, I just didn't have enough time to fulfill the last question, though I write the structure and actually knew how to do it.


How confident do you feel about material covered this week?


for the general Big-Oh proofs, I think I'm familiar with it, but for the big-Oh proof using limit techniques, I think it still takes time for me to practice more since it is not easy as the former one.


How does course material relate to other classes or interests?


Prove big-Oh using limit techniques has used the definition of limit and L’Hopital’s rule I learn in Calculus I.


How did your tutorial/test/assignment go this week?


I think my assignment2 and test2 didn't go well. For assignment2, since I was not familiar with the LaTex, it took me a lot of time to move proofs from paper to the LaTex, and I barely missed the deadline time :(. And for test2, I just didn't have enough time to fulfill the last question, though I write the structure and actually knew how to do it.



没有评论:

发表评论