What’s something new I learned this week?
➔ The set of all functions that take a natural number as input and return a non-negative real
number.
➔ big-Oh proofs for polynomials (standard procedure with over/underestimates)
➔ big-Oh proofs for non-polynomials (need to use limits and L' Hopital's rule.)
For this one I think I need more practice since it needs to use limits, which is a little harder for me.
➔ proofs for general big-Oh statements
(pick B and c based on known B’s and c’s)
What’s something that frustrated and challenged me this week?
What frustrated me most this week is absolutely the test2 !! I thought I could get a nice mark and actually I did get full mark for the previous two questions, but to my surprise, I got 0 for the third question!! I was nearly heartbroken... I admitted that there are drawbacks in my proof work since I didn't have enough time and I did a perfect version after the test. Therefore I think my thoughts using the contradiction is right, but I have no time to finish it... Anyways, I handed in a request form to Danny and I hope it works.
How does course material relate to other classes or interests?
The Big-Oh definition and its proof we talked about this week is much related to the efficiency we saw in CSC148 lectures.
What was one of your achievements this week?
Learned how to prove some general statements about Big-Oh, and I think I practiced it well.
How did your tutorial/test/assignment go this week?
Actually the tutorial went well and I think I could get a full mark in the quiz. But for the assignment, I'm not familiar with LaTax, so it's been hard for me to write assignment using this tool.

没有评论:
发表评论